Who we are
Xposure Club neXt is a 5x New York Emmy® nominated Life skills-based, STEAM infused, and project-based after-school program. Our mission is to expose children and people of all ages to the worlds of science, technology, finance, employment/work ethic, fitness/nutrition, community service, and stronger parent/child partnerships.
What we are looking for
We are currently looking for a part-time Outreach Specialist /admin professional to join our team. This position requires experience in community outreach and presentations, and creating agency and community linkages.
We are currently seeking an individual that has wonderful communication etiquette, outreach experience and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
The best candidate should have professional experience in customer relations, surveying, ability to follow and initiate a script, basic computer knowledge, your own computer and an aptitude to lead as well as take direction.
Although we are currently online, candidates should be prepared to potentially transition to in person roles in the future but position has the potential to remain virtual for a powerful and independent leader. This role reports directly to the Outreach Coordinator.
Currently a telecommuting position,the role is to Identify, schedule and connect with parents, school liaisons, administrators, students, and community partner organizations in order to introduce them to the services of Xposure Foundation Inc and its components such as Club X University, Fun Finance TV and Watch Club X TV. It is important to establish a connection between the community and opportunity in order to aid in the progression and development of our youth. May potentially involve in-person outreach at community events in promotion of Xposure Foundation Inc.
● Collaborate with Outreach Coordinator to develop, assess, and monitor individual outreach efforts and contribute as needed.
● Develop partnerships with like-minded organizations and/or agencies and nurture long-term relationships by performing follow-up initiatives.
● Collect detailed data and maintain a comprehensive, standard records of outreach activities.
● Participate in developing program knowledge on external community resources by sharing information gained through phone outreach, networking, and field events.
● Stay current on community engagement activities as related to each designated borough or partnering community location.
● Attend online or in-service training and unit meetings as well as any other organization-related activities.
● Perform other program-related duties as assigned. Skills, Licenses, and/or competencies required:
● Bachelor’s degree preferred education/outreach or equivalent experience.
● Excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills.
● Knowledge of and experience in working community-based organizations, government agencies, the local department of social services sites, city-wide coalitions helpful.
● Ability to interact respectfully and professionally with persons who have different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and work well independently as well as part of a team.
● Computer literate on Microsoft Programs and Internet search use.
● Preference will be given to persons with outreach experience. (Direct previous experience in working in telemarketing, sales, customer service, of Human Resources related fields)
● Potential future ability to travel between and throughout boroughs to specified work locations
● Some after-hours and weekend work required
● Bilingual skills are a plus
● Must be a self-starter with excellent project execution and closing skills.
***Check us out on Instagram and see the latest and greatest things our youth are getting into:
https://www.instagram.com/xposureclubx and WatchClubXTV.com
***Xposure Foundation Inc. is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization and the parent company of Club X University.
***The mission of Xposure Foundation Inc. is to expose children and adolescents to the worlds of Science, Creative Media, Technology, Finance, Work Ethic/Employment, Nutrition, Community Service, and stronger Parent/Child Partnerships.
***Xposure Foundation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce. We strongly support a diversely inclusive staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
● Pay: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
● Day shift – Monday to Friday and on-call on Weekends
● Temporarily due to COVID-19
This Job Is:
● A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
● Only full-time employees eligible